Back to Road Map.
This is the list of (low-level) coding tasks that still have to be implemented (or finalized) in order to re-create Wasre's Edge.
- Completely implement/test loading/saving across all modules of the engine. (in progress)
- Complete Pathfinding implementation to support different floor levels. (done)
- Make engine aware of aspect ratio used by graphics (see )
- Implement actual game launcher and main loop
Based on worldtest, but with no hardcoded references to any game data. After engine initialization, control should be handed over to a Python script
- Support i18n of strings in our (XML) data files.
- Implement more stable map file format to better support distributed editing (done).
- Evaluate/Implement render to texture for SDL 1.3 backend (see )
- Fullscreen/Windowed mode switching
(optional, see )
- Evaluate/implement support for SWIG -builtin feature
(optional, but might give a performance boost on slow devices. see )
- 'See-Through-Walls' 
(not strictly required, but came back to my attention while browsing the ML)
- Implement Map Events (i.e. events that fire when characters enter or leave defined areas of the map). 
(may not be required for Waste's Edge, as we do not need to 'teleport' between submaps.) (done).
- Thoughts about i18n of strings  (near bottom)
- Loading/Saving design  and current implementation in Git 
The test data has quick-saving/loading hooked to F5 and F6, but loading is only a stub  (search for 'handle_keys')
- Thoughts about map format and distributed editing 
(implemented for connectors, but not yet for the map file)