Back to Task Lists
The Map Editor is the tool to create the game world of Adonthell and populate it with scenery, characters, items and triggers for map events.
- Map View (for loading/saving maps, rendering)
- GTK+ Backend (for integration of map view into editor)
- Object Browser (for simple selection of map objects)
- Object Editor (for convenient creation of object models)
- Utilize in-game rendering to save work and display map exactly as seen in game. (done)
- Drag Objects from Object browser to place them on the map. (done)
- Name zones of the map, so their location can be used for NPC schedules, allow to edit them in the mapview. (done)
- Move objects already placed on map (done)
- Permanently group objects and allow to move the entire group, together with meta informations like zones.
- Display guide lines for floating objects that show their position on the ground below.
- Adjust Z-position of objects to arbitrary values or let them 'drop' to the ground. (partially done)
- Filter objects in the entity list by their tags, possibly sort them by name. (done)
- Display coordinates (x, y, z) and size (length, width, height) of selected/highlighted objects. (partially done)
- Flood fill large areas with ground tiles.
- Load objects in the background, possibly showing progress in GUI.
- Suggestion on adonthell-devel (more discussion welcome!)